Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happenings in pics

Well, I know I usually do Wednesday's Waiting child today but I'm waiting on confirmation to see if some of the kids have found homes already.  Also, there may be a new child or two to list.  So, with that being said, I figured I'd do some random happenings around the house here.  BTW, the implant has not been recovered.  We even offered to pay whoever found it.  ALL of them were trying to locate it.  Yana and Max worked hours after school today.  They happen to have early release from school today.  I still think that is the dumbest thing the schools have come up with yet.  Anyhow, here are some pics below.  Nothing special, just some random pictures.  Enjoy!


Well, IRina and Nik seemed to have so much fun that now Alyona and Bojan wanted to join in.  I must admit, at first I was apprehensive about my kids slicing themselves w/ the peeler.  Those fears were quickly put to rest.  It is really hard for Alyona since she has permanent damage to her arm and can't really move it.  So, she pretty much works on one potato and Bojan does the rest.  They dont' mind though.  Again, why my kids prefer to work on the floor is beyond me.  Hey, at least it is mopped frequently.  


Odd picture, I know but I was practicing a close up shot.  Remember, I'm trying to learn.  Anyhow, I used to make my own homemade Chili-lime seasoning to go on top of things.  One day at TJ Maxx I spotted this & it has made my life a bit easier.  Just sprinkle it on and no mixing involved.  Tastes the same as the homemade I used to make.  Great on chicken and kids love it.  Trust me, I'm not one for anything spicy so it has just enough kick for me and the kids.  


Most folks would not show anything this well, not so glamourous shot.  Typically, it is piled sky high on top of the bed too.  Alright, we get asked the laundry question quite a bit.  I was asked again today.  I do approximately 4 to 5 loads of laundry a day.  At least.  When it gets this stacked up, I call in backups for help to fold.  With all of us folding, doesn't take but a few minutes and we're done.  BTW, this is what we'll be doing this evening.  


Horrible picture of him but I swear it is hard to get the teens in any picture at this point.  Funny, when they're young, you can't get them away from the camera and as they age, can't get them near it.  Oh well.  I try.  Ignore the background.  We were in the midst of cleaning.  Wall pictures are sparse for a reason.  Most are laying broken in another room.  I will definitely get back into fixing them up.  Sounds like a summer job to me.  Max would definitely not be happy if he saw this picture of him on here.  Told him next time, he should smile then.  LOL. 


This is Max helping Alex get used to his EEG cap by wearing one too.  Stickers on the face and all.  Max was a good sport.  FAS children tend to have other disorders as well.  Alex also has some sensory integration issues as well.  So, the cap and stickers(more the stickers) really bothered him.  Max helped Alex get used to the feel of it all by joking around.  Oooh, and I got that smile out of Max.  

Those were just a few pics.  Will have more later this week.  Going to take care of a few other posts first.  Have to go get a few things tonight and then do a cardio workout.  I've been doing yoga, stretching, and light weight lifting.  I have been horrible lately(last 2 weeks) about doing the cardio.  Watched the Biggest Loser last night and felt guilty.  Soo, doing a cardio workout tonight.  Got to start somewhere.  Kids are doing fine for right now.  NO major meltdowns or stuff broken this week.  Wahoo!!!  We're off on the right foot.  More going on and keep you all posted.  Got to go.  Need to finish off the homework and get bedtime ready for some.  Have a great night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment