Friday, February 12, 2010

Quick updates & miscellaneous

I do know that I have to finish Nik's posts and will do that soon.  Was going to just update a couple things of why I hadn't been posting as much.  Well, I now have a part time job babysitting 2 toddlers, ages 2 & 3.  Cute little things though don't think they sit down for even 2 minutes.  They keep me on my toes.  But, it's fun and I am getting a workout for sure!  Frankly, I'm hating the fact that we have a swingset right now.  LOL.  They do love it.  So, no time during the day to post on the computer that's for sure. 

Everyone has remained healthy thus far.  Hoping it can stay that way for the rest of the winter season.  That would be awesome.  Irina has decided she wants to try out for swim team at the new school next year so looking into that.  Max is still working on art stuff.  He is going tomorrow or Sunday to finish his mural.  We'll be sure to take lots of pictures of it.  Yana is trying out for soccer on Monday.  I have mixed feelings about this as not sure what her true motivation is here.  But, as with anything the kids do, we will support it if they desire to do it.  This just came out of left field though so kind of wondering.  Somehow, we have to get a physical done for her before Monday and we'll be gone all day Saturday.  Bojan is doing really well in school.  He's doing basketball as well as Alex, Alyona and Nik. 

We've had many projects we've been working on lately for the kids.  Warren and I are trying to figure out what is best for the house.  Many, many repairs are needed here.  I am also working on figuring out what all our plans are over the next few months.  We have basketball season till at least the end of March.  We try to let the kids go places or experience thing throughout the year.  So, for February, we are going ot a big bonfire party tomorrow and out to dinner later this month(gift cards leftover from Christmas).  For March, we are planning to go to 2 or 3 different museums.  April-- we'll do a camping trip and some hiking.  May, we are goin to the deaf camp in the mountains and zoo.  June, it is a trip to D.C. for an adoption reunion.  July, Warren and I have his high school reunion and some day trips to the beach for the kids.  I'm sure there is more I forgot.  Throw in there hopefully a trip to Bulgaria and we'll be good!  Many places we can get discounts for from Warren's work.  Many free museums here too.  Warren's high school is not far so no expense there.  Beach is only an hour and 20 minutes from house so not expensive.  Many seem to think if you have a big family, you can't go anywhere or do anything with the kids and I'm here to tell you that's not true.  Agagin, bargin shopper here.  LOL.  Anyhow, lots going on.  So, if any of you are in the Washington D.C. northern VA area and want to meet up, let us know.  We're trying to plan ahead. 

Right now, it is really, really snowing outside.  Most likely, bsaketball will be cancelled tomorrow but we're still on a wait and see.  I must say, it is really gorgeous outside.  Kids and us went to Walmart tonight and got Nik his new glasses.  Max said Nik now looks like a nerd.  Brothers.  Warren picked up some movies for the kids.  FYI, it looks as though Walmart is liquidating their entire dvd stock.  Meaning most likely, all will convert over to blueray discs.  You know, the more expensive ones.  URGHH.  Anyhow, thought I'd pass on the deal.  Many movies are just $5 and $4.  Many, many movies now.  Not just their little $5 rack they usually have. 

Adoption front is at a standstill basically.  Awaiting passports and FBI checks to come back.  Should be soon.  Next week, I'll receive that wonderful dossier packet that is actually larger than our national debt to fill out--LOL.  Those packets are unreal.  I will take pictures of the piles once they are done.  Fundraising is our main thing now.  Fill you in tomorrow. 

That is about it for now.  Much more to say and show you all tomorrow.  Stay warm everyone.  Thanks so much for all the kind things said on Nik's Deafness posts.  Will do the final one tomorrow for sure.  After I'm done with Nik's deafness posts, I think I'll do Bojan and his limb difference.  Life w/ prosthetics and such.  More pictures forthcoming for sure.  I'm actually going to sit down and read the manual for the camera and check out a book on taking digital pictures.  I really want to capture my kids at their best... and worst and not have grainy or blurry images.  It will take time but worth it if I can actually learn basic photography.  If anyone has a great recommendation for beginners, please let me know.  Thanks so much. 

1 comment:

  1. I recently stumbled onto your blog... I'm a ASL/English bilingual and in the DC area and hope to adopt in the future (probably not anytime soon, as I'm still in college. I still have another year or so left until I get my MA). I had read about your reverse exchange program and I really wish I could do it. Ah well, maybe sometime within the next 5-10 years.

    I've enjoyed reading your blog so far - and I'm glad to see that life with Nik and the rest of your kids has come together. Hopefully you can bring the rest home soon :)

    The education solution for d/Deaf kids isn't always easy, so I'm glad you were able to find a solution and his friends have learned some sign too which is awesome.

    There are a bunch of Deaf adoptees/adopters in this area, I know they used to get together for holiday parties and events although I'm not sure if they still do. Some are members of a Yahoo group as well. Maybe they are the same group you are meeting up with?

    The DC area is fun and has a lot of museums. I'm sure you'll have a blast. It sounds like you've planned a great summer - albeit a bit busy :)

    ReplyDelete