today, I went off the healthy diet bandwagon and had lunch with a friend. Really had a great time. We went to Applebee's. Jamie was so kind and treated me to lunch. Thanks girl. Enjoyed talking to a friend that I hadn't seen in a long time. I had French Dip sliders and a grilled spinach salad. All delicious. Only had water to drink so does that count as being good?-- LOL. And no dessert. Anyhow, we had a great time and as a mom to many, you have to get out every once in awhile. I don't do it very often and realized today, that I really should go out w/ a friend at least once a month. Keep in touch and keep sane. Doesn't have to cost money either. Even a walk in the park w/ a friend would be fantastic. I'll work on that for sure.
Now, we have a little more going on of course. Adoption can never be just a day out with a friend or a walk in the park, right? No, not that simple. More hiccups and hope they will be resolved quickly. I get home, it's roughtly 2:30 and get a call from the agency. They need a mini dossier & docs in Bulgaria by this coming Wednesday. Which would mean fedexing to the agency on Monday as they have to send them on over. Okay, problem # one is that it is late Friday afternoon and the entire state is prepaing for a winter storm that will most likely paralyze this city. Not kidding. Snow is rare here. We get way more hurricanes than snow if that gives you any idea as to how rare an event like snow is here. There was no way I could humanly gather the docs, go to Warren's work to sign them, go downtown to notarize them and fedex them off in a matter of an hour and a half. #2 is the fact that our Secretary of STate's office no longer allows you to do "emergency" apostilles. You can drop off in the morning and they will call you later that afternoon. Earliest. #3 problem is I still don't have passports back and docs need that #. Remember, ours expired so had to renew. I can get them done this weekend & have sent out whenever offices reopen. If we get the expected ice and snow mix, it will be closed for a few days for sure. I am realizing now that once the homestudy is done, this will be moving all too quickly. That is awesome but scary at the same time. We do not have the funds necessary to complete this adoption. I have faith it will all work out. I really do. I will do a post on fundraising next. Right now, money is the only hold up to bringing these children home. I will tell you more a little later. Right now, the kids and I are going to enjoy some pizza. Tomorrow the plan is for a breakfast of pancakes and sausage. Some hot soup for lunch. Dinner is a big vat of chili and french bread. All fuel to keep us building snowmen, having snowball fights and sledding all day long! Tomorrow, pending no power outages, prepare for a long post of pictures of some splendid snow fun in North Carolina. Lots of pictures to follow tomorrow night for sure. Post on fundraising next though. IF I can get the main dossier in by March, travel on first trip would most likely occur in May. that's according to what most say who've gone before me. I can't say for sure as only guessing at this point. My goal is to have the dossier(big one) done by March. The only thing that would get held up is the I-800A but I hear that they are not taking so long for NC anymore. Praying that is the case. That is a long ways off though. One step at a time. Homestudy concentration first. So , so much to say. Posts to follow are on RAD, fundraising, and smashing snow fun! Can hardly wait for the snow.