Friday, January 22, 2010

Flabulous to Fabulous Friday

Honestly don't know what I reported last Friday.  Long story short version.  Lost 7 lbs. before Christmas and then gained it all back during the holidays.  On my way to losing it again forever!  Lost a few more this week.  So, I've lost 6 lbs. since starting this all again.  1 more lb. and I'm back to where I started.  Phew.  I feel better when I do the cardio so keeping up with that.  I've also been great about stretching and doing a little weightlifting 3X a week.  Now, the yoga.  Well, it just hasn't happened yet.  With 7 kids, I try, but sometimes I just can't fit it all in.  So, hoping this coming week I can add that in.  For now, just keeping up w/ the cardio, stretching, and weightlifting is a job.  Doing it though and loving it.  my kids do cheer me on so that helps.  I told Alex tomorrow I will attempt to start running w/ him.  LOL.  Better have that ambulance ready.  Or, at least an ice pack.  I've been watching what I eat more all most of the time.  Irina was bored eysterday and made a cake.  I couldn't let her feel bad by not eating her cake--LOL.  I am really making an attempt and happy about all of it.  Just need to do a little more.  Next week, I'll report my weight & by all accounts, I SHOULD be out of the 190's forever!  Should be is key word here. 

BTW, Warren has agreed to jump on the health bandwagon with me.  That is awesome & so proud of him.  By the time we get these children home, we should look like new parents!  Not much else going on today.  We have 9 kids here today.  Need to get used to that so no big deal.  Another dreary day here so they're inside again.  They hate that as mine are such outdoors kids.  We've been organizing and i'm getting adoption folders ready.  I color code folders w/ every adoption.  Helps me stay organized and easy to grab something then when I'm in the car or need something to send off real quick.  This is crucial when it comes to dossier prep & hope I can do that soon.  Need to raise funds for the contract fee so working on that all weekend.  Need a small miracle but I'm sure we can find one.  More about that in another post.  Off to get some work done with the kids.  Enjoy your weekend.  I'm sure we'll have photos to share this weekend.  Trying to decide if we want to suprise the kids w/ a outing somewhere or just stay put this weekend.  Photos will tell the tale. 



Just had to show you my flowers that Warren got me for my birthday last week.  They're still alive.  I usually can keep my flowers alive for about 3 to 4 weeks after I get them.  I change the water though and cut the stems frequently.  Lots of little "tricks" I learned but hey, at least they pay off.  I love the color during such gray days.  Enjoy your weekend everyone.  I'll have pictures of whatever we do this weekend.  also, hoping to have at least one post on FAS or RAD.  Again, NOT an expert nor do I  claim to be.  Just sharing what I"ve learned over the years by having 7 special needs children, all post institutionalized as well.  I have made some mistakes and hoping maybe others can learn from them.  Or,maybe something that has worked for our kids may work for another family that is struggle with one of many of the issues that come with adopting children from orphanages.



No comments:

Post a Comment