Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Came across a wonderful video worth sharing.  Really listen to the words.  Enjoy.  Merry Christmas!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cejDvTk5wKs&feature=player_embedded

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.  Right now, it is Christmas Eve in Bulgaria.  There are 3 children (many, many more than that) that I hope will have their very last Christmas in Bulgaria alone, without a family to love and celebrate with.  For next time this year, our children should be home celebrating the meaning of Christmas with us and their new siblings.  This journey is going to be a long one and many bumps along the way.  I already know that.  It is that way with every adoption journey.  Once the children are home though, you forget all that you went through.  This Christmas, there are 3 more extra stockings waiting for 3 children to come and look inside of them.  I guarantee you they won't be empty next year!  Thinking of some very special orphans this Christmas.  Every year, my children have always hung an extra stocking on the fireplace.  Every year.  It is to remind them of all the children left behind at the orphanages.  We love the line from Lilo and Stitch movie:  "Ohana means family.  And family means no one gets left behind or forgotten."  We have never forgetten about the children left behind.  They remain on our hearts.   I think when you adopt from an orphanage, you never forget what you saw and how that transforms the way you live.   Just wanted to share a video tonight.   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie!... Nice Vid!!!... Thrilling theme!!!... It´s right what you said! I remember faces and names of kids in orphanages I´ve visit here in Argentina when I was younger!... I always wonder what could had happened with them. And I ask God to protect them as much as He can.
    Tonight They´ll be in my mind I think!... And you and your wonderful 10, too!!!...
    I Just Wish you the best tonight!... Enjoy your familie!... Have a wonderful Christmas!... And a GREAT Christmas trip!!!...
    Best wishes from Argentina. Gabriela y Emmanuel.

    ReplyDelete